Welcome!

This blog started out as solely focused on food. cooking and spirituality are incredibly co-mingled for me, and now I'm adding to the focus by making the blog more about my spiritual life in general. I hope the result is something readable!

Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

GREENS.

I have been craving miso soup lately. I have no idea where this came from, since I think I've had it maybe once before. what is that about. WHO KNOWS
Also, part of my not even new year's resolution, just a resolution, whatever, is to eat more damn vegetables. It is difficult to be mostly vegetarian when living with a vegetarian who does not like many vegetables. Being the cooking one in the house, it is my job to fix this problem.
So I've spent the last two days, I think, browsing 101 Cookbooks and looking at all these gorgeously-photographed dishes and tonight we made a grocery run to get things for an ACTUALLY INTERESTING SALAD.
like watercress and dandelion greens and spinach and kale interesting. with GOAT CHEESE.
All those things also go great in SOUPS which I am intensely in favor of because it is winter and in the next couple days we're going to get a snowdump again and that equals soup.
It also equals Girlfriend has developed a passion for homemade bread and we're making another loaf or two tomorrow. And fresh baked bread goes wonderfully with both salads AND soups.

And because Wegmans is an awesome chain of stores we picked up some organic white miso and tofu so it will be MISO SOUP TIME SUPER SOON OMG YOU GUYS.
we will be getting our green vegetables, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog